Core Curriculum and College Preparedness
- Written by Teach Amazing!
Is Core Curriculum Rotten?
Common Core Curriculum is meant to be an equalizing force
But states with historically lower quality education systems are just falling farther behind.
- With proficiency levels plummeting
- In West Virginia: 35% failed exit exam for highschool
- In Oklahoma: 33% failed
Algebra in the 8th grade is perhaps the biggest stumbling block
- With 43% of New Mexico students falling below proficient
- And 39% of Tennessee students
Source: Best College Reviews